Sunday, March 31, 2013

On this day of chocolate-egg-eating and springtime...

























It's Easter! It's finally starting to feel like spring! Yayyy :)
My family and I are Chr-Easter worshippers (like many pseudo-Christians are), and so we went to church today. The pastor said that today was not about springtime, ham dinners, or adorable Easter dresses, but about hope. About resurrecting your hope. I like that.

I heard this sermon in the United Church of Christ, one of the few churches that welcomes LGBT worshippers with open arms. In fact, the female assistant pastor's girlfriend stood up during church announcements to say that they were expecting. How beautiful! Today is making me smile in a lot of ways, and as we wait to hear the Supreme Court's ruling on gay marriage, lets resurrect some hope. I hope that by the time I have children, the churches who cried for a ban on gay marriage will have finally seen the error in their ways and decided that God probably loves the gays, too. I can also safely say that if I decide my children should attend church, it will most certainly be one of the UCC.




















To learn more about the United Church of Christ, check out their website.
Oh, and here's what I wore today. More awesome clothes (and jewelry) from ShopRuche.com!




















































HAPPY EASTER!!

No comments:

Post a Comment