Saturday, May 18, 2013

New York trip

Ahhh, it's been a while, but I'm back! Finally graduated and whoo has it been a ride! I recently took a trip to New York City for a very exciting interview, so I thought I'd share a few pictures and some neat findings. My wonderful mom decided to come along on this trip, so we started our short visit with a little sight-seeing and of course, a lot of good food.























The third picture was taken at a bar/restaurant called Dinner on Ludlow.. I had two of the most fabulous cocktails I've ever had and then topped it off with some truffle oil risotto. TO. DIE. FOR. The bar seemed to specialize in cocktails with house-made syrups (I had "By the Bayou", a tequila and jalapeno-infused drink.. awesooome.) and super cool hipster get-togethers, as we seemed to have been crashing some kind of DJ-ed art opening at the time. Anyway, I'd highly recommend it. Check out their website for more info!

Next.. The big interview! Here's what I wore.












































blouse: TJ Maxx
Necklace: DKNY, TJ Maxx
Blazer: Express
Skirt: Ann Taylor Loft
Purse: Nine West
Belt & Shoes: Target

The only stuff you may still find in stores are the belt and shoes, as I bought everything else at least a season ago. BUT none of this outfit cost over $100! Actually, most of it was under $50 when I bought it... thus proving you don't have to spend an arm and a leg to look fab (if I do say so myself). I am standing in an amazing store called This Is STORY.. but more on that in my next post!

Now that the interview is over, all I am doing is...
































Hopefully I'll hear soon! That's all for now, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment