Thursday, May 23, 2013

This Is STORY in NYC

































When I went to New York last week, there was one place that I made sure to see. Surprisingly, it was not the Statue of Liberty or Times Square, it was actually a little boutique I heard about earlier in the year. It's called This Is STORY, and it's one of the most innovative ideas out there right now. Originally dreamed up and executed by marketing genius Rachel Shechtman, STORY it is a retailer space that takes the point of view of a magazine, changes like a gallery, and sells like a store. Basically, every month the store changes what they carry (the "story" it tells for the month, if you will), and also holds events and talks about the interesting things they are showcasing at the time. When I visited, it was Design Story, but if you were there in February, it would have been Love Story. Pretty neat, right?



























STORY's beautiful, versatile brandmark in action (I have to say, the brandmark concept is definitely one of the things that got me in the door, but that's the design nerd talking).

















































It was an awesome experience, and also a chance to learn about some really neat designers that are out there right now. I also bought the dress you see below! Fits like a dream and I love the unique pattern, by KamaliKulture (similar here).

























Here's a few more things I learned about when I went there. Definitely something not to miss if you're ever in the Chelsea neighborhood of NYC!!

Martone Cycling - designer bikes!
Designs by Katrina Reifeiss - beautiful hand-dyed silk garments
Rock Paper Robot - nerd-alert: FLOATING magnetic furniture! whaaaat.

ttfn. Happy Discovering!

No comments:

Post a Comment